23 Ocak 2009 Cuma

break on trough

I spent a lot of time studying the games of my regular opponents after the games and since then I didn't even have a losing session for two weeks, which is way too out of the ordinary. This is not the best months I've had so far but the most stable one.

I think when you are sitting in a table full of regulars it is not enough to play a solid game. Because all of the regulars have more or less solid games as well. Finding good bluff spots, making thin value bets and making hero calls against thin value betters are essential if you want to be the hunter and not the hunted.

Here are some hands to discuss for today:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3756532

this is played with a standard regular at 5-10

Altough I usually check my 2nd pair type of hands from position, I do make a cbet for mixing it up. When I get called here on the flop his range is any K, any T, any flush draw, QJ, 89 and he would raise me hands with better value.
The turn is an A without a flush draw but completing a straight draw. Now I decide to make a turn cbet as my hand is not beating his range anymore with the intension of a semi- bluff with my pair and gutshot. (if he has a T or a flush draw here I assume that he would fold them as well). The turn is a 7 bringing the flush and the perfect oppurtunity to make a 3-barrel bluff against his K. I am almost pretty sure that he hasn't QJ a flush draw (except maybe an A high flush draw that I think he would lead with it as the board is very scary to make a value bet with a worse hand.) The only hand I'm afraid here is a AT that he was afraid of AK or a QJ on turn and decides to check call with it. But I don't think he would play that weak his AT.

So it's a perfect example of turning a hand into a bluff.

here is antoher hand I played with the same player. I'm making somewhat of a hero call on the river.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3756633

I'm putting him on a very wide range of hands when he calls my flop bet. I check the turn with the intension of calling but he checks behind on a double flush draw board which made me eliminate almost every Q except maybe a Q9. When the river brings a T and he bets. I'm afraid of a Q9 but for the most of the time I'm expecting a flush draw or a A high type of hand. Actually 43 surprised me for a guy with a tight image.

Good luck all!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder